Tuesday 21 February 2012

Analysis of Music Magazine



Q magazine fits into the description of genre I am looking at making, it focuses on current music from varieties of genres - it also meets the fact I am targeting both females and males as my audience of the magazine. It also focuses on a teenage/young adults market and it does this by using features in magazines.  Now I will speak about the features of this particular magazine that I would like to feature in my own magazine however adding my own style to it.
Features that appear on this magazines are included in most other magazines, I will start by discussing the main image of the magazine in this issue it is Cheryl Cole however this changes each issue and shows the variety of artists and bands that they cover. The magazine also uses a masthead, the masthead of this magazine is positioned in the top left dominating all the texts on the page - however this is the house style of the magazine as the main image always changes however the way "Q" is written never changes. Next is the use of the headline "3 words Cheryl Cole rocks" this is effective as it links to the image informing the readers often teens. I would also like to mention the use of the tagline "the UK's biggest music magazine"  this is important to mention as it is an incentive to buy the magazine -  it is a clever idea of the magazine. There is also a use of puffs - these are the circle objects with text in them on the magazine - often used as an incentive for people to buy the magazine for example on this magazine it about John Lennon. Finally there is the use of the list points on the left of the page that tell the reader what sort of stories are to be mentioned for example " John Mayer".

No comments:

Post a Comment